Day 1, ~560 miles. This trip was prompted by Wildman's passing as I wanted to pay my final respects. Left my driveway at 6:23am MST for Diamond Springs, CA where I was to meet Jack and stay at the Revander's digs that night.

Was a fairly cold ride to the Chevron in Jordan Valley, OR on Hwy 95 for fuel. Was shivering for several miles after hitting the road for my next stop at the Shell in Orvada, OR. Again, started shivering awhile enroute to Winnemucca til it warmed-up. Next, stopped in Lovelock, NV then on Mt. Rose Hwy just west of US-395 for gas/refreshments.

Pollock Pines, CA. Met Jack at Magoon's Saloon around 2:30pm PST, and wolfed down a cheeseburger here before following Jack down the backroads to the Revander's in Diamond Springs. There was too much road construction and traffic from the 431/Country Club Drive jct to Stateline along Lake Tahoe. ;^(

No comments: